Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Emergency Plans - The Borough Council have an emergency plan that allows for the deployment of services during any major incident or event. They are available 24 hours a day to ensure that Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council is prepared to respond to any civil emergency and support the community. Emergency plans often respond to a wide range of major incident scenarios.
The Council's response to any emergency includes some of the following which could be dealt with alone or in partnership with other Authorities and agencies
- Immediate Temporary Shelter
- Temporary accommodation for evacuees.
- Emotional support for victims, family and friends.
- Information and Media Support.
- Help lines for affected persons and businesses.
- Interpreting Services.
- Emergency Mortuaries.
- Road Closures and Diversions.
- Plant, machinery and equipment
- Building safety inspections.
- Clearance of debris.
- Provision of emergency lighting etc.
These are just a few of the issues that are covered by emergency planning.
For further information please contact
Civil Contingencies Team,
Barleyfield Industrial Estate,
Nantyglo, Gwent. NP23 4YF.
|Principal Civl Contingencies Coordinator
Civl Contingencies Officer
Civil Contingencies Assistant
Risk Management Officer