Become a Community Councillor
Notice of Co-option - Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011, Section 116
Notice is hereby given that Abertillery and Llanhilleth Community Council intends to co-opt a member to fill a vacancy that exist in the office of Community Councillor for Cwmtillery.
Expressions of interest are being sought from members of the public who meet the following qualifications and are interested in representing their town on the aforementioned Council. You must be:
- a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of any member state of the European Union or a qualifying foreign citizen;
- 18 years of age or over;
and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are registered as a local government elector for the Abertillery and Llanhilleth area; or
- During the whole of the last twelve months you have occupied, as owner or tenant, land or other premises in the town named above; or
- Your principal or only place of work during the last twelve months has been in the Abertillery and Llanhilleth Community Council area; or
- You have, during the whole of the last twelve months, resided in the Abertillery and Llanhilleth Community Council area or within three miles (4.8 kilometres) of it.
For more information regarding the role of Community Councillor (plus an application form), click on the images below.
Alternatively, you can contact:
The Clerk, Abertillery and Llanhilleth Community Council, Council Offices, Mitre Street, Abertillery, NP12 1AE
Tel: 01495 217323
Completed application forms must be returned by midnight on Thursday 30 March 2023