Find your nearest Defibrillator
Published: 31 July 2019
Abertillery and Llanhilleth Community Council has now provided and installed ten life-saving defibrillators on outside walls at:
- the NISA shop, 2-4 Walters Avenue, Swffryd, NP11 5HT
- the Top Hotel, High Street, Llanhilleth, NP13 2RB
- Bethany Chapel, Chapel Road, Six Bells, NP13 2ND
- Squire Cars, Aberbeeg Road (Warm Turn), NP13 2EQ
- Territorial Reserves Centre, Cwm Cottage Road, Abertillery, NP13 1AT
- the Foundry Bridge Health Centre, off Division Street, Abertillery, NP13 1BQ
- the Community Council offices, Mitre Street, Abertillery NP13 1AE
- Pen-y-Bont Grosvenor Nursing Home, Victoria Street, NP13 1PG
- St Paul’s Church Hall, Bryn Terrace, Cwmtillery, NP13 1LG
- Bourneville Community Centre, Bourneville Road, NP13 3EL.
The ten defibrillators are in well-known, visible and easily accessible locations designed to be as close as possible to communities who may need them and spread out across the whole of our area. They are vital pieces of equipment, which save lives, and are very easy to use. They can be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, should a heart re-start emergency occur. This is a great investment for all our communities.
To use a defibrillator and save a life, dial 999 and ask for the code to open the cabinet. Switch on the defibrillator and it will talk you through what to do next.
This is a massive investment by the Community Council in saving lives and improving community health and well-being, especially when people and their families need it the most.
The next phase of the project is community publicity and training.
See our Facebook page for photographs of the various sites.